LFCC Workforce Solutions is proud to welcome Disney’s Approach to Employee Engagement professional development course to Middletown, Virginia. This is the eighth year the Disney Institute has come to Lord Fairfax Community College.
There are four interconnected processes that define an organization’s culture: employee selection, training, communication and care. Each is crucial to creating and nurturing a culture of excellence. With a rich tradition and heritage built upon creating memorable experiences, Disney parks and resorts have consistently worked to attract, develop and retain employees dedicated to this vision.
To ensure employees consistently deliver exceptional experiences, an organization must intentionally design processes that reinforce their desired culture. Sharing insights of how selection, training, and engagement are enhanced through high-quality communication and genuine care is one of the ways that Disney Institute can help you think differently about your business.
In this look at the Disney approach to Employee Engagement, you can:
What You Will Learn:
- Explore ways in which you could shape your organization's culture based on desired employee behaviors, and select people who are a right-fit for your culture.
- Learn how to adapt training strategies that ensure employees are confident in their roles by creating a holistic plan that drives employee engagement.
- Understand how to develop high-quality communication that strengthens your organization's culture and engages your employees.
- Examine ways in which to create a supportive environment through genuine care, including employee recognition and the elimination of workplace hassles.
Who Should Attend
- Adapt time-tested Disney business insights to assess and improve your organizational culture.
- Shape your organization's culture based on desired employee behaviors, and select people who are right-fit for your culture.
- Adapt training strategies that ensure employees are confident in their roles by creating a holistic plan that drives employee engagement.
- Develop high-quality communication that strengthens your organization's culture and engages your employees.
- Create a supportive environment through genuine care, including employee recognition and the elimination of workplace hassles.
Course Learning Objectives:
- This program is designed for managers and leaders, and specifically those with direct reports, looking to improve how they select, train and engage employees. Individuals interested in shaping a confident, highly productive, and dedicated workforce will find this course valuable.
- Creating a culture of excellence requires the selection and training of the right employees, and sustaining a desired culture relies on high-quality communication and genuine care of your people. Do you have what it takes to create a supportive environment for your people? Spend a day with Disney Institute and your organization can benefit from Disney's experience in creating a sustainable culture and learn to think differently.
What’s Included with This Course:
- Learn how great intentionality can drive sustained business results.
- Recognize that it is possible to create a workforce that consistently demonstrates desired behaviors.
- Consider the benefits of employee engagement, and how to increase the volume of highly-engaged employees within your organization.
- Examine the importance of organizational culture by design versus culture by default, and the value of leveraging culture for strategic goals.
- Analyze the correlation between desired behaviors and culture in addition to how both impact business results.
- Identify new concepts around your selection process to achieve a talent pool with a greater propensity to perform your desired behaviors.
- Explore how to interview candidates for both their skill sets and their behaviors.
- Understand how to hire and develop employees who consistently demonstrate desired behaviors through deep cultural immersion.
- Discover the importance of selecting for a cultural match and the importance of testing against a cultural mismatch.
- Recognize the correlation between achieving desired behaviors in an organization and how they are infused in the training processes.
- Explore the effects of high-quality and low-quality communication within an organization.
- Learn how a low-quality approach to communication will result in improvisation and disengagement.
- Identify ways to infuse all types of communication with your organizational culture.
- Examine the impact of genuine care within the confines of the organizational environment, and analyze its effects on customers and employees.
- Explore ways to increase employee engagement by removing hassles.
- Recognize the importance of employee recognition.
Early Bird Rate:
- Participant handouts
- Continental breakfast
Early bird rate is $445. Price goes to $495 after February 15, 2018
Disney Institute, in partnership with LFCC, offers leadership development through a time-tested approach that demonstrates the values and behaviors of exemplary leaders.
Lord Fairfax Community College/Workforce Solutions
is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CPsm
This program is valid for 6 PDCs
. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org