: The Building Automation Systems (BAS) Online Certificate Program provides entry level knowledge for those aspiring to become Direct Digital Controls (DDC) Technicians. It starts with the fundamentals of building controls and then works through general web based DDC networking knowledge. Next, it is on to control drawing fundamentals and a simulated Graphic User Interface (GUI) used to practice troubleshooting and DDC point identification. Finally, students are introduced to some common types of DDC programming. The last two courses of the program allow students to practice applying DDC technology to common pieces of commercial HVAC equipment. Upon successful completion of a course (a score of 75% or higher), students are registered into the next one and receive a certificate of completion.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
• Understand the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and air quality control systems used in today's modern buildings.
• Know the terminology and science at work behind indoor environmental control systems.
• Become familiar with both analog and digital HVAC control systems and their components
• Identify and understand the operation of analog and digital systems controls.
• Become familiar with installation, service and troubleshooting methods relating to HVAC controls systems.
• Identify the differences between control system types and application decisions implemented when designing, installing and operating Building Automation SystemsInstructor Description
: My Name is Val Rael and I am one of the LIVE faculty. I have been in the HAVC trade since 1973, beginning when I finished my program from West Valley College in Woodland Hills, California. I got my first job with Sears Roebuck as a service tech, and in those years (1973) $5.25 an hour was great money, to start. I stayed with Sears for 20 yrs and after that I started my own service business, and still have it still today. In the HVACR trade you have to study all sides of the industry so you can always have a job. I have never been laid off or without work since 1973 thank God, for that. This is an outstanding trade that you can always have work! I am here to assist all my students with the knowledge I have gained through all these years of experience and learning.
My hobbies are hunting, and fresh water fishing, moto-cross and desert racing, playing guitar and singing. See you in class.Certification
This program does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.