: Paper mill operators typically enter the workforce in entry-level positions with the opportunity to advance their careers to senior management positions. With many seasoned paper mill operators currently entering retirement age, there is a huge demand for qualified entry-level operators to replenish the ranks, and this trend is expected to continue in the coming years.
As very few educational institutions offer paper mill training courses, this is a unique opportunity for students to receive the training they need to embark on an exciting and rewarding career in the field of paper mill operations.
Our program is user-friendly and provides students with state-of-the art, online course materials and instruction.
The course does not require that you have knowledge of the paper mill industry, math, physics, or chemistry as these topics are covered in-depth over the course of your training.
At the conclusion of your six month training, you will have the skills and knowledge needed to:
• Operate a paper mill with safety as the prime consideration
• Monitor instrumentation and equipment operation
• Make adjustments to keep system process variables, such as flows, temperatures and pressures, within acceptable ranges
• Detect potential and actual problems and take corrective action to prevent the interruption of system operations
• Analyze operational trends and take corrective actions
• Use standard operating procedures to start and stop production equipment
• Maintain communication with other operators, maintenance, and managementInstructor Description
: Max Ansari MSEE, P. Eng., First Class Steam Engineer is the instructor for our biofuel education program. He has experience in the operation of large hydrocarbon facilities, such as refineries, and the development of training systems for a multitude of large corporations engaged in complex industrial production processes. Max also has many years of experience as a professor at a community college. He’s taught a multitude of programs in a number of energy fields.
This program does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.