: Our Patient Advocacy course provides strategies for helping consumers overcome common challenges encountered in the U.S. healthcare system. These common challenges involve issues surrounding financing healthcare, receiving quality healthcare, ethics, cultural competency, preventive healthcare, mental healthcare, and community-based healthcare. Learn step-by-step methods for providing case advocacy for patients and a framework for policy advocacy, as well.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Comprehend the principles of advocacy in the healthcare setting
• Identify methods for assisting with the financing of healthcare
• Define consumers’ ethical rights and cultural competency
• Identify methods for advocating preventive healthcare
• Comprehend the principles of policy advocacyInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Improving Healthcare Through Advocacy by Bruce S. Jansson