: Our power plant operator training prepares students for rewarding careers in the field of power plant operations. As a certified power plant operator, you will enter the workforce in an entry-level position with the potential to move up within the industry. A large percentage of the industry's workforce is currently retiring or entering retirement age, and demand for qualified entry-level power plant operators is high.
Our user-friendly, online certification program is designed for people who have little knowledge of the industry, and knowledge of math, physics, and chemistry is not required. The necessary concepts are covered over the course of your training.
Power plant operators are tasked with making sure processes and systems function properly.
Personnel safety and ensuring that production processes are operating safely are primary concerns of the power plant operator, as are monitoring of instrumentation and operation of equipment. Power plant operators routinely make adjustments to ensure that system process variables remain within acceptable ranges.
Operators have the skills and experience needed to detect potential and actual problems, and to take corrective measures to prevent the interruption of plant operations.
Upon successful completion of our power plant operations program, students have the skills needed to:
• Operate a power plant with safety as the prime consideration
• Monitor instrumentation and the operation of equipment
• Make adjustments to keep system process variables, such as flows, temperatures and pressures, within acceptable ranges
• Detect potential and actual problems and take corrective action to prevent the interruption of system operations
• Analyze operational trends and take corrective actions
• Use standard operating procedures to start and stop production equipment
• Maintain communication with other operators, maintenance, and managementInstructor Description
: Max Ansari MSEE, P. Eng., First Class Steam Engineer is the instructor for our biofuel education program. He has experience in the operation of large hydrocarbon facilities, such as refineries, and the development of training systems for a multitude of large corporations engaged in complex industrial production processes. Max also has many years of experience as a professor at a community college. He’s taught a multitude of programs in a number of energy fields.
This program does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.