: EnglishShort Description
: Whether you want to become a professional technical writer or simply improve your writing skills, this writing course is for you.
In this user-friendly and interactive technical writing course, you’ll learn various writing skills that’ll allow you to write pieces that effectively communicate your message, hold your reader’s attention, and persuade them to take action. Here are some details of the skills you’ll learn in this course.
• How to apply a reader-centered approach for writing
• How to write in the workplace
• Guidelines applicable to persuasive writing
• Strategies you can use to hold your readers’ attention
• All elements required to create highly effective proposals, letters, memos, reports, emails, and documentation
• What the process of research involves and how to cite sources correctly
As a student of this writing course, you’ll receive a subscription to the online library, Questia. With this online research library, you’ll have access to more than 9 million articles and 75,000 textbooks, all of which are credible. What’s more, you’ll also have access to various research tutorials that’ll provide you with exact instructions on how to write papers and conduct research for them.
This interactive element in this technical writing course aims to make the course more engaging and interesting. A career in technical writing can open a range of writing opportunities for you.So to make the most of those opportunities, it’s best to learn all the necessary skills and knowledge in the best possible way!Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
All required reference materials are provided with this program. Technical requirements:
• Broadband or High-Speed (DSL, Cable, Wireless)
• Processor - 2GHz Processor or Higher
• Memory - 1 GB RAM Minimum Recommended
• Operating Systems - Windows 7, 8 or 10; Mac OS x 10 or higher
Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• Google Chrome is the best browser for this course
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App may be needed for some reading assignments (No special equipment needed. This can be downloaded onto your computer.)
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer (Use this if you don''t have PowerPoint)