: EnglishShort Description
: This course introduces students to the fundamentals of American government and politics focusing on the historical evolution of government and policies, the major institutions, and the major processes. Throughout the course, students will evaluate the various characteristics unique to American government through the critical lens of history and current international developments with a constant eye toward future limitations or promises still to be met.
Offering students an in-depth look at the fascinating developments that make up American History, students will gain a fundamental understanding of the history that has led to a successful nation today, the roots of various difficulties that continue to test the United States and the basic foundations that have endured through history to guide decisions for years to come. Alongside and in-depth look at how American government works, this course delivers a broad survey of American history from New World exploration and settlement through Independence, the Civil War, Reconstruction, Manifest Destiny, the Industrial Revolution, the Great Depression, and two World Wars all colored by the social, political and cultural developments that led to the US as it stands today.Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
All required reference materials are provided with this program. Technical requirements:
• Broadband or High-Speed (DSL, Cable, Wireless)
• Processor - 2GHz Processor or Higher
• Memory - 1 GB RAM Minimum Recommended
• Operating Systems - Windows 7, 8 or 10; Mac OS x 10 or higher
• Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 or a Word Processing application to save and open Microsoft Office formats (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx)
• Internet Browsers - Google Chrome is highly recommended
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Adobe PDF Reader