: EnglishShort Description
: For those students looking toward law school or who are interested in the paralegal profession, this program offers an incredibly useful and realistic look into the actual work that lawyers and legal professionals do every day. In this program, student will have the opportunity to weight these different viewpoints, analyzing the validity of court decisions and a variety of proposals for tort policy, including various aspects of tort reform that have been proposed. This program will offer students the chance to gain the knowledge necessary to execute the delicate balance the rights and responsibilities that enables tort law to address the crucial needs of our American culture.
This program presents the definitions of tort laws and describes how tort laws are applied to various situations and fact patterns. Specifically, the material will focus on basic concepts such as the intentional torts, negligence, strict liability, and products liability. Students will also explore the process of filing tort cases in court in terms of parties, pleadings, timing, and the appeals process.Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
All required reference materials are provided with this program. Technical requirements:
• Broadband or High-Speed (DSL, Cable, Wireless)
• Processor - 2GHz Processor or Higher
• Memory - 1 GB RAM Minimum Recommended
• Operating Systems - Windows 7, 8 or 10; Mac OS x 10 or higher
• Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 or a Word Processing application to save and open Microsoft Office formats (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx)
• Internet Browsers - Google Chrome is highly recommended
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Adobe PDF Reader