: EnglishShort Description
: Certified Event Planning Specialists are responsible for coordinating every last detail of an event; regardless of the size of the event. He or she arranges everything for an event to include; venue, menu selection, entertainment, decorations and everything in between. As more companies learn the value of professionally organized events, there is an increasing need for formal training in event planning. Event planners need professional caliber information that explains everything from how to decorate, to the use of technology, and everything in between. In this course you will learn that information and much more. It is through planned events that we remember our shared history, our friends, family, and community. We include information on greener events, corporate social responsibility, international best practices, and the expanding event field. You will also learn how technology, including the use of social media, may be harnessed to improve the financial, environmental, and other strategic outcomes of a special event.Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: The Event Planning Specialist Certification (CEPS) exam from the National Career Certification Board (NCCB) prepares individuals for a rewarding career as an Event Planning Professional. One of the best ways to distinguish yourself in the Event Planning industry is to pursue a national certification from NCCB.
Certified Event Planning Specialists (CEPS) are responsible for coordinating every last detail of an event; regardless of the size of the event. He or she arranges everything for an event to include; venue, menu selection, entertainment, decorations and everything in between. As more companies learn the value of professionally organized events, there is an increasing need for formal training in event planning.
Each state may have additional licensing requirements, be sure to research your states requirements for employment by visiting your states occupation board.
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Google Chrome is the best browser for this course
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Special Events: A New Generation and the Next Frontier by Joe Goldblatt
• Freelancer’s Guide to Corporate Event Design by Troy Halsey
• Start Your Own Event Planning Business by Entrepreneur Press
• Entrepreneurship: Starting and Operating a Small Business by Steve Mariotti & Caroline Glackin