: EnglishShort Description
: Environmental Science involves the interdisciplinary approach to our world in terms of the history of environmental concerns, biomes, species interaction with each other and their environment, air, water, soil and biological resources, population dynamics, toxicology, energy sources, land use management and other related topics. All different sciences combine to make up the complexities of environmental science and students embarking on this journey will gain a comprehensive understanding of how these interconnected disciplines all interact to create the environment we occupy. Students will take an in-depth look at the function of this planet earth, its atmosphere, composition and structure as well as the inhabitants that occupy it. The class will explore various toxic substances that can affect the delicate balance that results from this complex interconnectivity and understand how just the slightest alteration in one aspect can affect the whole.
This course explores the relationship between man and the environment. Students examine the balance between natural resources and the needs of mankind. Students explore the scientific, political, economic, and social implications of environmental science.Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
All required reference materials are provided with this program. Technical requirements:
• Broadband or High-Speed (DSL, Cable, Wireless)
• Processor - 2GHz Processor or Higher
• Memory - 1 GB RAM Minimum Recommended
• Operating Systems - Windows 7, 8 or 10; Mac OS x 10 or higher
• Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 or a Word Processing application to save and open Microsoft Office formats (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx)
• Internet Browsers - Google Chrome is highly recommended
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Adobe PDF Reader